Schedule your school or group for a visit to the Muhammad Ali Center and discover greatness within!
FUNDING FOR TITLE 1 SCHOOLS:
Stay tuned for information about Fall 2017 funding through our Paths to Greatness Program.
CURRICULUM-BASED GUIDED TOURS
These interactive field trip experiences are aligned with Kentucky and Indiana Core Content Standards and are developed for specific grade levels. During a visit, groups will receive 45 to 60 minutes of classroom instruction and 60 minutes of activities and exploration of the Muhammad Ali Center’s exhibits. In addition, we offer pre- and post-visit lessons and teacher resources.
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. (Please note that school trips must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance.)
Our self-guided visits include a structured 15-minute introduction with an education staff member. That introduction includes information about Muhammad Ali and his legacy.
- $5 per student (K-12) for Curriculum-Based Tours
- $4 per student (K-12) for Self-Guided Tours
- $5 per student for college students
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS AND CHAPERONES
- Please schedule three weeks in advance.
- We suggest that you allow approximately two hours for your visit.
- Please download and print the document Field Trip Policies and Procedures for Teachers and Chaperones and distribute prior to your visit. Helping chaperones know what to expect prior to the visit is essential for the overall experience of the children.
- The Muhammad Ali Center welcomes home school groups.
- We require a 6:1 student/chaperone ratio for all school groups. Adult chaperones will be admitted free at a six to one ratio. Additional chaperones are welcome and will receive the $10.00 per person group rate.
To schedule a school tour or for more information, please contact:
Each school group is required to fill out the Youth Group Interest Form prior to visiting.