How does creative expression influence the athletes and social change movement? What are athletes, advocates, and leaders doing to utilize creative expression—such as photography, music, film, short stories, poetry, drawing/painting, and sculpture—to raise their voices for human rights in sport and in society. How can creative expression change the narrative to bring more awareness to athlete activism and social change?
Join the Muhammad Ali Center for the 2022 “Athletes and Social Change Forum” this July 14-15 as we explore the intersections of art, athletics, and activism.
THURSDAY, JULY 14, 2022
• 1 pm – 2 pm EDT Ali the Artist
• 2 pm – 3 pm EDT Athlete-Artist-Activist
• 3 pm – 4 pm EDT Sport and Social Change: Film, Photography and Music
FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2022
• 1 pm – 2 pm EDT Protest: Art, Sport, and Education
• 2 pm – 3 pm EDT Power of Sport: Poetry, Music, and Art
• 3 pm – 4 pm EDT Ali Values Compilation
For more information, contact Erin Herbert: email@example.com
If you are interested in participating in the forum as a presenter or panelist, please contact Eli Wolff: firstname.lastname@example.org