The Frazier History Museum, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Muhammad Ali Center, and Kentucky Peerless Distilling Company—all partners in downtown Louisville’s Museum Row on Main (MROM) — are teaming up to offer Fifty Percent-off adult admissions during the month of February.
Fifty Percent-Off February, a Museum Row promotion that encourages local residents to explore attractions close to home at a time when the long winter is just about over, but the temperatures tend to keep folks indoors. To take advantage of the offer, guests must mention Fifty Percent-Off February and show proof of residency in Kentucky or Indiana (such as a driver’s license or alternate I.D.) while purchasing admission tickets. Others in the party will also receive the half price admission rate—a substantial savings over the $14 – $20 regular prices. The offer cannot be combined with other discounts and does not apply to special tours or events.
In addition to the 50% off rate at the Frazier History Museum, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factor, Muhammad Ali Center, and Kentucky Peerless Distilling Company, other Museum Row partners will be offering discounts or special deals throughout the February 1-29 time period.
A full list of discounts and deals for Museum Row’s Fifty Percent-Off February is listed below.
Fifty Percent-Off Deals
- At the Frazier History Museum, visitors can take in a variety of performances and exhibitions, including Celebrating the Sounds of Kentucky, Sep. 2019 – Sep. 2020, a temporary exhibit on Kentucky music featuring artifacts from Jim James, Loretta Lynn, and other artists from the Commonwealth; The Lewis & Clark Experience, a one-of-a-kind, semi-permanent exhibit that recreates Lewis & Clark’s famous 1804 trek across what is now the northwestern United States; and The Spirit of Kentucky®, a sprawling permanent exhibit that explores the history, craft, and culture of Kentucky Bourbon. The Frazier History Museum, Where the World Meets Kentucky!
- At the Muhammad Ali Center, experience the Center’s 2-1/2 levels of award-winning exhibits, showcasing the legacy of Muhammad Ali—as a hometown hero, 3-time heavyweight champion; global humanitarian; and cultural icon. A perfect stop to celebrate Black History Month. The legendary television host Dick Cavett and filmmaker Robert Bader, will be at the Center on Saturday, February 8th to screen “Ali & Cavett: The Tale of the Tapes,” which will air on HBO on February 11th. Suggested donation of $15; $30 for film screening and film poster autographed by Mr. Cavett. Doors open at 1:15pm. On display through April 19, is a new temporary exhibit by Imar Hutchins, entitled Inheritance, which features mixed media portraitures of significant individuals through time. Public programming accompanies the exhibit on February 7th with Mr. Hutchins; and on February 28th with University of Kentucky President Dr.Eli Capilouto, along with the artist. On February 1st, a film called Paul Laurence Dunbar: Beyond the Mask will be screened at 6:00pm and is free and open to the public. Doors open at 5:30. To register and reserve your seat for all of the above events, click on ‘calendar’ at alicenter.org. Fifty-percent off adult admission throughout the month.
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory is offering 50% admission to all IN and KY residents who mention 50% Off February! The museum upped its game with an exciting new factory tour experience! Guests will get lost in the forest with a thrilling new movie experience that kicks-off the tour. From there, they’ll walk through the heart of the factory. All guests receive their own mini-bat and from February 10-16, limited-edition Valentine’s Day mini-bats will be handed out at the conclusion of the tour (while supplies last). In true Louisville, Kentucky mash-up – bourbon and baseball comes together in the new temporary exhibit The Louisville Unions Rediscovered, in which the truth behind mysterious and fascinating photographs of a black baseball team that had been exceptional in its time but lost to history is discovered.
- At Kentucky Peerless Distilling Company, guests will experience a behind-the-scenes tour at our state-of-the-art distillery. Kentucky Peerless crafts each barrel of whiskey with unfaltering attention to detail. Guests will see the process from grain to bottle all under one roof. Starting with the family history dating back to the first generation in 1889, and finishing with a tasting of Peerless hand-selected Single Barrel whiskies. Peerless’s tours are offered Monday through Saturday at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, and 3:30, with two additional tours at 4:30 and 5:30 on Thursdays and Fridays. To reserve your experience today, please call us at (502)566-4999 and mention the February discount.
Other Great Deals
- The Kentucky Science Center, also a member of Museum Row on Main, is offering a similar discount during the month of February as the above four attractions: On Fridays and Saturdays, admission for everyone is just $5 after 5 pm.
- At KMAC Museum, visitors can enjoy a direct-from-Europe exhibition of works by Pablo Picasso. Sponsored by UPS, Picasso: From Antibes to Louisville, is on view through March 22nd; it showcases works from the collection of the Musée Picasso in Antibes, many never before seen in the United States. Through April 5th, visitors can also enjoy Summer Wheat: Heavy Lifting, featuring Brooklyn-based artist Summer Wheat’s inventive painting technique and powerful female figures. Visitors who show a ticket stub from another member museum can enjoy $1 off their KMAC Museum admission during the month of February. More info can be found at org.
- The galleries at 21c Museum Hotel Louisville are open 24/7 and always free to visit. In February, Kentucky and Indiana residents can enjoy late-night access even more with a 20% discount on hotel rooms and 10% off in the Museum Shop. For more than a decade, 21cLouisville has been engaging visitors and locals alike with some of the world’s best contemporary art. Just look up when you arrive; you’ll notice Serkan Özkaya’s David (Inspired by Michelangelo) towering over 7th and Main Street. Once inside, you can explore the current exhibition Labor&Materials; dine next to Fallen Fruit: The Practices of Everyday Life, the vivid installation lining the walls at Proof on Main; follow the clues on our family iSPY game to see if you can find all of the artworks listed; or join a free, guided art tour offered each Wednesday and Friday at 5pm. To book your hotel reservation at 20% off, visit 21clouisville.com enter code MROM in the Preference Code booking field. To access your 10% discount at the 21c Museum Shop, reference the Museum Row on Main promotion at check-out (promotion not available for online purchases).