Reduced Hours of Operation; Health & Safety and COVID19 Guidelines in Place
The Muhammad Ali Center is pleased to announce its re-opening to the public tomorrow, July 1st; the Center has been closed to the public since March 14th as a result of the COVID19 pandemic. Reduced hours for visitors, including its retail store, will be from 12:00 noon – 5:00 p.m. ET, Wednesdays through Sundays. The Center will be closed on July 4th to observe Independence Day. To the greatest extent possible, visitors are encouraged to purchase tickets online in advance to minimize person-to-person contact. Health and Safety Guidelines for the public are in place. Online tickets available HERE.
“The number one priority for our re-opening plan is the health and safety of our staff, patrons, and other visitors,” said Donald Lassere, President and CEO of the Muhammad Ali Center. “Our staff has worked hard to implement all known COVID19 safety procedures. We intend to meet or exceed social distancing, capacity, and other health and safety guidelines outlined by local, state, and federal authorities. We are thrilled to be able to welcome visitors back and hope they find inspiration in Muhammad’s legacy, especially during this time in our history.”
Highlights of the Ali Center’s Re-Opening Plan include:
- Limiting the number of patrons to 33% capacity
- Face coverings or masks for patrons or staff are required
- Sanitization Stations will be located in the Main Lobby and throughout the facility
- Temperature checks upon entering
- Plexiglas panels at Admissions & Security Desks, and Retail Store checkout
- Social Distancing requirements of six feet apart and on-site compliance officer for enforcement
- Signage throughout the building reminding patrons of importance of frequent sanitization, hand washing, and social distancing
- Limiting number of individuals in elevators and restrooms
- Enhanced guidelines to frequently disinfect all high touch surfaces including exhibits, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, etc.
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter if they feel sick
- Guests encouraged to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
For the more comprehensive health & safety re-opening plans and for information pertaining to private events, group tours, and public programming guidelines, please visit alicenter.org. Additionally, visitors can call (502) 584-9254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Information pertaining to the pandemic is ever-evolving so visitors are encouraged to go to alicenter.org prior to their arrival for any updates and to review the Center’s COVID19 policies.