Activities Include Live Music, Trivia, Poetry Workshop and Slam
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (July 28, 2016) — The Muhammad Ali Center, in partnership with the Republic Bank First Friday Hop, will host the second ‘First Friday at the MAC’ on Friday, August 5th from 5:00-10:00 p.m. The family-friendly block party at the Ali Center includes live music, dance demonstrations, trivia, a poetry workshop and slam, and a kids’ activities space. The event is free. Admission to the exhibits is $5 for adults and free for ages 18 and under.
- Global Game Changers Kid’s Space featuring activities with the Louisville Free Public Library
- Social Marketplace with local artists, vendors, and organizations
- Local food trucks*
- Cash bar with “beverage gardens”*
- Trivia with Comedian Sean Smith
- Dance demonstrations with Cardinal Bhangra, brought to us by Asian Institute Crane House
- Mystery tours of an Ali Center exhibit
- Performances by The Alley Theater Arts Caravan
- Live music with Wolf Holler (6-8 p.m.) and the Muddy Walters (8-10 p.m.)
- Poetry workshop and slam with Young Poets of Louisville
* Additional cost
First Friday at the MAC will conclude its 2016 schedule on Friday, September 2nd. Stay up-to-date on food trucks, musical performances, and featured vendors, by visiting the Ali Center’s online calendar and social media.
The Muhammad Ali Center thanks its supporters for 1st Friday at The Mac.
ABOUT THE MUHAMMAD ALI CENTER
The Muhammad Ali Center, a 501(c)3 corporation, was co-founded by Muhammad Ali and his wife Lonnie in their hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. The international cultural center promotes the six core principles of Muhammad Ali (Confidence, Conviction, Dedication, Giving, Respect, and Spirituality) in ways that inspire personal and global greatness and provides programming and events around the focus areas of education, gender equity, and global citizenship. Its newest initiative, Generation Ali, fosters a new generation of leaders to contribute positively to their communities and to change the world for the better. The Center’s headquarters also contains an award-winning museum experience. For more information, please visit www.alicenter.org