Welcome to our Youth Programs Alumni Page! Here is where you can keep up with fellow MACCS and Ucrew alumni, see our upcoming events, and get connected with the Muhammad Ali Center!
Coming Soon – Alumni Directory!
- MACCS and UCREW Alumni Reception, June 3rd 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
- Shining a Light: (The) Many Faces of Homeless Women
- Daughters of Greatness: Hannah Drake (February 22nd, 2019)
- Daughters of Greatness: Elmer Lucille Allen (January 18th, 2019)
- Daughters of Greatness: Veronika Scott (April 19th, 2019)
Current Position: I am enrolled at the University of Kentucky, double majoring in social work and psychology with a minor in criminology. I am a part of the Student Activity Board and is the freshman representative for Black Student Union. I volunteer at least once a month with Habitat for Humanity and the Ronald McDonald House as part of one of the requirements for my Social Justice class.
Impact: The Muhammad Ali Center Council of Students helped me the most with communication skills and networking. I knew no one going in my Sophomore year of high school, I had to speak and try to gain relationships that I still hold dear today.
New & Good
- Jenny Bencomo Suarez recently founded Resistencia 45, a radical youth-led social justice organization. Jenny is now also sub-coordinator of the Sunrise Movement Louisville Hub fighting for a Green New Deal to transform the economy to 100% green energy within 11 years while creating millions of good, living wage jobs.
- During Royal Todd’s Sophmore year at University of Kentucky, he was selected to teach UKC 180, a freshman-only course consisting of 200 students that focused on civil rights and civil liberties.
- Natasha Mundkur received a Fulbright ETA scholarship award to spend a year in Jaipur, India for the 2019-2020 academic school year.
- Lauryn Johnson is serving as an Americorps VISTA at the Muhammad Ali Center to aid in capacity building projects from 2018-2019.
Muhammad Ali lived by the quote “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” To honor his conviction to serving others the Muhammad Ali center coordinates weekly service projects throughout the JCPS school year for our current students and our Alumni.
MACCS: Darryl Young, Jr.
Manager of Programming
UCREW: Morgan Szabo
Alumni Affairs: Lauryn Johnson
Director of Programming