Welcome to the Muhammad Ali Center employment opportunities page. We are proud of the significant achievements of our international culture center and museum and we offer a variety of rewarding work experiences. These positions range from entry level to advanced positions for professionals who have achieved distinction in their field and include jobs that are full-time, part-time, seasonal, and volunteer. If no opportunities are currently listed, please check back as this page is updated when openings become available. The Muhammad Ali Center is an equal opportunity employer.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Title: SECURITY OFFICER
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Application Close Date: May 22, 2017
Job Description Summary: Full-Time position. Job responsibilities include:
- Patrolling premises of the Center to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates;
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and to maintain security of premises;
- Investigating disturbances;
- Writing reports of daily activities and irregularities (i.e. equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized person(s), or unusual occurrences);
- Answering Security telephones; and
- Calling police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized person.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate Degree, supervisory/lead experience and one year of security work experience preferred. Working knowledge of safety and security practices and procedures preferred. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Send resumes to: email@example.com or call Jackie Ellis @ (502) 992-5352.
The Muhammad Ali Center is a cultural attraction and an international education center that is inspired by the ideals of its founder Muhammad Ali. The Ali Center’s 2 ½ levels of innovative exhibits, educational and public programming carry on Muhammad’s legacy and inspires exploration of the greatness within each of us. The Center is a gathering place where people can come to learn, share, and celebrate our commonalities as human beings, and formulate ways of advancing humanity today and in the future.