The Muhammad Ali Center is a cultural attraction and an international education center that is inspired by the ideals of its founder Muhammad Ali which are to inspire greatness within each of us.
Come join a team of dedicated staff! We offer a variety of rewarding work experiences from entry level to advanced positions that include full-time, part-time, and seasonal opportunities, as well as volunteer positions.
The Muhammad Ali Center offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, 401(k) matching, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays and personal days, and free parking!
All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check, drug test and proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
For a complete list of benefits, click HERE.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Title: Education Intern
Job Classification: Part-Time
Reports To: Senior Manager of Programming and Community Engagement
Interns with the Muhammad Ali Center Education & Programming Department will gain experience in museum education, program development, and event planning at a premier cultural and social justice institution.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in planning and implementation of school field trips and group tours
- Supporting the planning and implementation of public education programs
- Assist with large public events including the Muhammad Ali Humanitarian Awards
- Support the implementation of the Center’s youth programs and events that center youth experience
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Programming & Community Engagement on our professional development trainings and consultations on topics such as leadership development, diversity, inclusion, equity, and anti-racism
- Serve as a respected and contributing member of our team!
- Interest in working with both children and adults in a museum environment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and computer skills
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Commitment to Social Justice
- Discretion and professionalism
- Ability to work independently and often on multiple tasks at one time
- Some weekend and evening hours will be required
- Detail oriented
- Hourly compensation with the expectation of working 10-15 hours a week in person
- Professional development and national networking opportunities
- Spring 2023 - Dec. 15
Supervisor Contact Information:
- Ashleigh Hazley, Senior Manager of Programming and Community Engagement
firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-992-5311
TO APPLY: Email your Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Special Events and Sales Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Special Events Manager
STATUS: Full Time, Hybrid
JOB OVERVIEW: The Special Events and Sales Coordinator is a key member of our Special Events team working directly with contracted and potential private event clients to ensure that all logistics and operational aspects of private-use events at the Muhammad Ali Center (MAC) are communicated and fulfilled.
JOB FUNCTIONS: The coordinator will act as a liaison between clients and MAC operational departments, and outside vendors to ensure the implementation of successful private-use events and in-house bookings. The coordinator will support the Special Events Manager in the following ways:
Serve as the primary contact for all inbound correspondence, sales inquiries and site visit requests.
- Support the Special Events and Sales department with administrative duties and daily activities.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the in-house education team to facilitate school groups needing event space, public programming, etc.
- Service event client accounts using event management software Infor, Social Tables, Altru, and Microsoft Office 365 to ensure that all client needs relating to an event are fulfilled.
- Coordinator and oversee outside vendors setup and break down. Outside vendors include DJ’s, bands, florists, event planners, etc.
- Work with the building services and security team make sure event spaces are ready and prepared prior to client arrival.
- Help coordinate client correspondence to include: contracts, confirmation letters bookings, invoices related to facility use events, and other internal/external correspondence
- Work directly with the Special Events Manager to ensure all aspects of the facility use contract are fulfilled and to maintain client relationships for the purpose of ensuring customer satisfaction and rebooking of future business.
- Participate in bridal shows, travel marketplaces, and other industry-related events.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as event needs dictate. At least two-three weekends per month.
- Must have an Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in the hospitality industry with minimum of three years’ experience, preferably in a sales or customer service position. Previous venue experience is a plus.
- The candidate must possess excellent customer service and vendor relations skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently, set priorities, complete tasks and projects and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates good judgment, analytical thinking, and decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Is a team player and is committed to assisting the building operations team with setting up tables, chairs, wiping down windows and helping with quick room flips as needed.
- Is committed to the goals and mission of MAC.
- Maintains confidential information.
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Office setting from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., but must be available to work flexible/additional hours as needed, including weekends, early mornings, and evenings.
- Typical physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing stairs, lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- The position may require occasional travel, including but not limited to trips to acquire supplies, and attend work-related functions and/or meetings/conferences all of which may at times be outside of and/or in addition to normal working hours.
TO APPLY: Email your Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Muhammad Ali Center is a cultural attraction and an international education center that is inspired by the ideals of its founder Muhammad Ali. The Ali Center’s 3 levels of innovative exhibits, educational and public programming carry on Muhammad’s legacy and inspires exploration of the greatness within each of us. The Center is a gathering place where people can come to learn, share, and celebrate our commonalities as human beings, and formulate ways of advancing humanity today and in the future.