Welcome to the Muhammad Ali Center employment opportunities page. We are proud of the significant achievements of our international culture center and museum and we offer a variety of rewarding work experiences. These positions range from entry level to advanced positions for professionals who have achieved distinction in their field and include jobs that are full-time, part-time, seasonal, and volunteer. If no opportunities are currently listed, please check back as this page is updated when openings become available. The Muhammad Ali Center is an equal opportunity employer.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Title: Manager of Development
Job Description Summary: Full-Time position. The employee is responsible for:
- Oversees the management of grants
- Researches grants that align with the Ali Center 's mission
- Writes/completes/submits grant applications
- Manages all aspects of workplace campaigns, including annual applications and pledge
tracking and donor acknowledgement.
- Oversees and coordinates organization's annual Humanitarian Awards Fundraiser Event.
- Responsible for developing a robust membership program.
- Responsible for developing an outreach plan to increase membership.
- Responsible for soli citing memberships for the Centers programs.
- Manages donation and membership acknowledgement process (sending thank you notes,
membership cards, and special processing).
- Develops ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Secures financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Responsible for managing Altru donor database.
- Performs mail merge and assists with sol icitation and other mailings.
- Acts as the primary point person for updating, adding, and maintaining donor, member, and prospect constituent records in the database.
- Other duties assigned
- Master's degree; maybe substituted by experience.
- Prior non-profit experience is preferred.
- At least two years of administrative experience; preferably in a
- Fundraising/Development Office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Building Services Technician I
Job Classification: Part-Time
Reports To: Senior Manager of Security & Operations
Application Close Date: July 16, 2021
Job Description Summary (not all inclusive):
- General cleaning of the (building) center/museum.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures.
- Cleans, dusts, and wipes furniture
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floors.
- Empties/cleans wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Assists with the setup of facilities for meetings.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and Holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: High School diploma or GED. One year of related work experience.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Title: Security Officer
Application Close Date: July 19, 2021
Job Description Summary: (2) Full-Time Positions. Job responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Patrolling the premises of the Center to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates;
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and to maintain security of premises;
- Investigating disturbances;
- Writing reports of daily activities and irregularities (i.e. equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized person(s), or unusual occurrences);
- Answering Security telephones; and
- Calling police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of one year of security work experience. Working knowledge of safety and security practices and procedures preferred. Interested applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule; additional hours if needed, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Muhammad Ali Center is a cultural attraction and an international education center that is inspired by the ideals of its founder Muhammad Ali. The Ali Center’s 2 ½ levels of innovative exhibits, educational and public programming carry on Muhammad’s legacy and inspires exploration of the greatness within each of us. The Center is a gathering place where people can come to learn, share, and celebrate our commonalities as human beings, and formulate ways of advancing humanity today and in the future.