Welcome to the Muhammad Ali Center employment opportunities page. We are proud of the significant achievements of our international culture center and museum and we offer a variety of rewarding work experiences. These positions range from entry level to advanced positions for professionals who have achieved distinction in their field and include jobs that are full-time, part-time, seasonal, and volunteer. If no opportunities are currently listed, please check back as this page is updated when openings become available. The Muhammad Ali Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: SECURITY OFFICER
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Application Close Date: June 30, 2014
Job Description Summary: Part-Time position. Job responsibilities include:
- Patrolling premises of the Center to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates;
- Monitoring and authorizing entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and to maintain security of premises;
- Investigating disturbances;
- Writing reports of daily activities and irregularities (i.e. equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized person(s), or unusual occurrences);
- Answering Security telephones; and
- Calling police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized person.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, and two years of related work experience. Working knowledge of safety and security practices and procedures preferred. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Send resumes to: email@example.com.