2017 Shining a Light International Photo Exhibit
Opening at the Muhammad Ali Center on March 8th, International Women’s Day, will be its annual international photography contest and exhibition, Shining a Light. This year’s exhibition will be comprised of the “best of the best” from the previous three years: winners, honorable mentions, and curator choices, all of which, reinforce equal rights around the world.
Informed by the United Nations Millennium Goal 3: Promote Gender Equality and Empower Women, this year’s exhibition showcases individuals or organizations engaging in one or more of the following:
- Education equality for women and girls
- Women’s political participation
- Ending violence against women and girls and/or gender-based violence
- Ending economic and employment discrimination
- Health equity for women and girls
Shining a Light opens March 8, 2017. The cost of the exhibit is included in regular admission pricing.