2020 Theme: The role and impact of mentors and mentoring on the next generation of athletes and social change.
The Muhammad Ali Center Athletes and Social Change Forum will take place July 10 – 11, 2020 at the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville, KY. The Forum is designed to advance education, advocacy and research on the roles and contributions of athletes in promoting social change, human rights and development. This year we welcome scholars, practitioners, policymakers and advocates who are working to advance the realm of athletes and social change through the six core values of Muhammad Ali: Respect, Confidence, Conviction, Dedication, Spirituality and Giving. This year we will highlight the role and impact of mentors and mentoring on the next generation of athletes and social change.
This Forum will also focus on the following considerations:
1. The roles and responsibilities athletes have beyond the playing field.
2. The ways athletes can serve as educators and advocates to address social problems within and outside of sports.
3. How the global sporting community encourages or discourages athletes who work in the realm of social change.
4. The roles educational institutions play in providing grounding for athletes to make the connections between athletics, academics and the community.
5. The role and impact of both mainstream and social media on how athletes can affect social change.
6. The intersection and convergence of athletes, sports, and politics.
We would like to invite your abstract contribution for the Muhammad Ali Center Athletes and Social Change Forum. Abstracts can be research or practitioner oriented, should be no longer than 250 words, and are due Friday January 24, 2020. The registration fee for the conference is $100 for professionals and $50 for students. Please submit abstracts to Eli Wolff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Registration: https://19291.blackbaudhosting.com/19291/Athletes-and-Social-Change
Hotel Information: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Galt House hotel. For reservations, please call 1-800-843-4258 and state that you are with the “Athletes and Social Change” conference. The room block will close on June 25, 2020. Click HERE for hotel block.
Please contact email@example.com for more information about our Athletes and Social Change Forum